Friday, February 24, 2012

Cute Typography

Typography is an area of design that can be rather hit or miss for people. I  struggled with it for a long time. I just needed to find my niche with it. Go figure it would be cute! I noticed there aren’t a lot of typographic stamps or images that appeal to me. This was one reason for me to start making my own cards from scratch.

I created the text using my favorite crafting tool, Adobe Illustrator! An unconventional favorite crafting tool but I use it for many of my cards. I started with one of my favorite type faces, Century Gothic. I then used some other favorites like the color pink and polka dots! After printing my card I colored the pink area with a metallic gel pen to make it sparkle and shine. I placed black rhinestones above the letters, and inside too. Im not usually a monochromatic designer but I do like chosing a bright color and making it pop using black and white. (Monochromatic is one hue which means black and white doesnt count, thats achromatic)

I absolutely love this card so I had to enter it in some challenges!
The Paper Shelter- Add a Sentiment
Paper Creations Ink- Show Us Your Style Using Your Favorit Technique
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog- Anything Goes
Whimsy Stamps- Monochromatic
Digital Tuesday- Make it Sparkle
Always Crafting- Anything Goes
Paper Makeup Stamps- Word Art
Lexi's Creations- Monochromatic
Nettie G's Digital Gems- Your Showcase
The Pink Elephant- Print It

I also made some other typographic cards while I was at it!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, thanks so much for playing along with us at Digital Tuesday Challenge. If you are interested there is Birthday blog candy on my blog http://www.punknscrap2.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/follower-birthday-blog-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, Jess! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has struggled with typography. Just like you said! -Hit and miss! But now I can see there's hope for me. :P
    Cool to hear that you use illustrator to design cards! It gives me some ideas... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy cards Jess..gotta love the polka dots...lol So glad you stopped by to play with us at Paper Creations Ink. Good luck with the challenges!

    I have some yummy blog candy here‘s the link if you are interested

    Xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea--gonna pin it! These are all so fabulous--I LOVE that thanks card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cards. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck and hope to see you next time.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three cards are so much fun! I love how clean and simple they are as well! Thank you for joining this weeks Digi Makeover Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these cards Jessica! Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps this week, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card, thanks for showcasing your skills! =)
    Thanks for joining us at NettieG's Digital Gems!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your cards, I agree with Jackie on how clean, simple and the pow they have!!! Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!