Saturday, March 2, 2013

Thinking Green

I really enjoy celebrating St. Patrick's Day. I always wear green and I do my best to be festive. I don't usually make cards for the occasion but this year I felt very inspired. Maybe because they weather has been so nice lately, and its never nice in early Spring in Oregon.























My assistant/best friend/dog friend and I were outside the other day and I got a great idea! I decided to put actual clovers in my St. Patty's Day cards. I've seen people put dried flowers on cards but I've never done anything like that before. So, I wanted to try it and it worked, and I just love how the card turned out!

Meeka helped me pick out some clovers and I brought them inside. On a sheet of bright white card stock I put down some double stick tape to help hold down the clovers. I arranged three of them on the page and then went over the top of them with packaging tape to seal them in. After I got my featured image done, I worked on the paper cut outs. I knew I wanted something that resembled a Celtic knot. Lucky me Cricut had the perfect image for me to have cut out. The corner pieces were made from a square die cut that I cut on a diagonal. I was originally going to have the knot inspired background set squared up with the card. It just wasn't working, so I turned it on the diamond and I loved it! I hope you do too :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!