Sunday, January 29, 2012

Be Mine

This Valentine's Day I thought I would put it all out there! I felt the need to make a card that speaks for it's self. 

I have been really pushing myself to incorporate graphic design with paper crafts. My main inspiration this time is Michelangelo's David. Oh how proud my art history teacher must be :) I designed almost all of this card in Adobe Illustrator. I posterized the image and placed David looking at the sentiment which is in a classic Roman font. David is holding a perfectly placed 3D rose in his hand. I have a bin of these tiny, beautiful roses in my craft room and knew they would be perfect to make this card have the wow factor it needed.

This card is so unique from most Valentine's I see in the crafting community I had to enter it into a number of contests.
Heart Song Inspiration - Red and White and/or Ribbon
Simply Create Too - Love is in the Air
Squiggles Stamps - All Loved Up
Hiding In My Craft Room - Valentine's Day Project
Digi Designs - Valentine's Challenge
Paper Sundaes - Valentine's
The Crafty Pad - Show Some Valentine/ Anniversary Love


8 comments:

  1. I love your card!
    Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our Show Some Valentine's/Anniversary love & use some Red On Your Project!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la Jess. Wonderful and most unique Valentines card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Simply Create Too.

    bunches of hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such fun, love the placement! Thanks so much for sharing with us at squiggles saturday challenge. hugs heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. pmsl! I so love this! That little rose is just a classic :) Love it! Thank you for playing with us this week at The Craft Pad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thanks for joining the Hiding in My Craft Room challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grеat idea! I love your card!
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!