Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Birds of a Feather

I need to start this post with a confession. Most people don't know this about me but... I am terrified of birds! I know it sounds strange but they are strange to me. I don't know why anyone would trust something that has a beak, claws, and can fly! 


With that being said I decided to conquer my fear (sort of) and do a bird card. You will notice I couldn't actually use an image of a bird. I have been wanting to use a new embossing folder for the Cuttlebug for a while now. I used the most perfect pearly purple card stock with the peacock feather embossing folder. I added analogous colors using metallic purple, blue and green to the embossed background. I stamped an image of the feather and colored it with the same pens. I framed the feather out and ran a sheer green ribbon behind it to make it really stand out. I put it all on a gold background and added some gold highlights to make this card super fancy.


I entered this card in the Birds of a Feather challenge at The Cheerful Stamp Pad

6 comments:

  1. Wow, just I love the colors you used...so rich looking!! And I've never seen that embossing folder before...it's very cool. Great job and thanks for joining our "Birds of a Feather" Challenge over at The Cheerful Stamp Pad!
    Cindy
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just stunning, wow! thank you for joining the "birds of a feather" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad. i hope this creation helps you to come to a new appreciation of birds... xo from michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful - great job working on conquering your fears! :) Thanks for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful & perfect for The Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I am so glad you shared on the "Birds of a Feather" challenge at the Cheerful Stamp Pad. I have to get that embossing folder as it made a beautiful background. This is such a wonderful card. I hope you will come back and join in my future challenges as I would like to see more of your work. (I have many bird feedsers in my yard and a couple of bird houses)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jess! I am with you, birds are yucky. My brother has a couple and they are nasty..lol

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!