Thursday, January 19, 2012

My First Challenge

I have been looking for ways to get exposure for my first blog. What better way than to enter into the Moxie Fab World?! Paper Crafts Magazine was my motivation to start a blog and gave me confidence to share my crafts with the world.

This card was created for the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I used die cuts in three different ways to create this eye catching card. The finished size is 5 1/2 X 4 1/4









First lets talk about the glamorous focal point of the card. The dragon fly was created using blue and light aqua glitter card stock. Black card stock was used for the top die cut to make the image pop. The dragonfly was cut using Provo Crafts Cricut machine. Rhinestones were used to add that extra sparkle. 

I chose a warm, buttery orange card stock for the background to compliment the colors used on the dragonfly. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the background card stock with 
a flower that was pre-cut from chip board. I placed rhinestones in the center to make this flower pop even more. 

Using my Cuttlebug again, I cut out the unique shape for the background. I placed this all on a high gloss white card for even more shimmer and shine. I cut rounded corners so there is nothing square about this card.



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jessica! Your design is fantabulous. Love all the details. We all love our Cuttlebugs...lol

    Feline Plalyful is a daily updated site that lists all the challenge blogs with the themes and dates.
    Here's the url for it http://felineplayful.blogspot.com/

    Have a wonderful creative week! bunches of hugs
    Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!